Life Changing Events
Life Changing Events – Keep Your Information Current
- Please inform NMERB in writing of any address change to receive any important communications, such as your annual 1099-R Income Tax form.
- To update your address, you must complete the Change in NMERB Records form found on the Forms page of this website and mail it to NMERB.
NMERB requires notification in writing when you change your name.
- Complete the Change in NMERB Records form found on the Forms page of this website.
- You must also include a copy of a court order or marriage license that authorizes your name change.
- If you are working for a NMERB employer (“Local Administrative Unit” or “LAU when your name changes, you must officially change your name in your employer’s records to ensure that your employer’s records and NMERB records match.
- You should review your beneficiary designation when significant life events occur such as:
- death of a spouse or designated beneficiary
- A divorce, annulment, or any dissolution or declaration of invalidity of your marriage WILL NOT automatically revoke your former spouse as beneficiary unless you revoke the designation by submitting a new form.
Illness or Injury
You may be eligible for disability benefits under ERB’s Defined Benefit Plan if:
- you have accumulated ten or more years of earned NM service credit,
- you are totally disabled and unable to continue your employment, and
- you are unable to obtain and retain other gainful employment commensurate with your education, background, and experience.
Death of a member / beneficiary
Managing the retirement assets of New Mexico Educators since 1957.
701 Camino de los Marquez
Santa Fe, NM 87505
PO Box 26129
Santa Fe, NM 87502
Email or call ahead for an appointment.
8500 Menaul Blvd. NE, Suite B-450
Albuquerque, NM 87112