The Educational Retirement Act (ERA) assures a sustained program of retirement benefits for New Mexico public school, college and university, and other employees of state educational institutions and agencies.
Employees working more than 25% of a Full Time Equivalent (.25 FTE) are considered ERA covered employees.
ERA employers are:
- Public schools (including public charter schools, i.e., chartered by the local school board or the NM Secretary of Public Education)
- Universities, Junior and community colleges, public technical and vocational institutions
- New Mexico School for the Deaf and the New Mexico School for the Visually Impaired
- Regional Education Cooperatives and New Mexico Activities Association
- State Agencies providing educational programs (i.e. Department of Health, Public Education Department, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, Educational Retirement Board, Department of Corrections).
Managing the retirement assets of New Mexico Educators since 1957.
701 Camino de los Marquez
Santa Fe, NM 87505
PO Box 26129
Santa Fe, NM 87502
Email or call ahead for an appointment.
8500 Menaul Blvd. NE, Suite B-450
Albuquerque, NM 87112